Topic: Drag and Drop

I am not sure if this is present in the library yet, but from my search I have not found this functionality. Are there any plans on developing a drag and drop api?

Re: Drag and Drop

You mean within SFGUI (from widget to widget) or between other applications and the application using SFGUI? The first is doable but has low priority now. The second requires lower level support, so it would need to be built into SFML before SFGUI can support it.

Are there any news about the 'Widget -> Widget' Drag and Drop feature?
I had a look into the API Reference and as it seems its still not implemented?
Is that correct?

It hasn't been implemented yet... no. This is a very complex feature and isn't very high priority. If you really need it, you can fork the source and implement it yourself. If it meets our requirements we might consider merging it into SFGUI.

It doesn't seem hard, maybe you just have to use the code that moves window with titlebar and apply it to the entire widget. Then you just have to handle how the drag and the drop work.

binary1248 wrote:

It hasn't been implemented yet... no. This is a very complex feature and isn't very high priority. If you really need it, you can fork the source and implement it yourself. If it meets our requirements we might consider merging it into SFGUI.

Ok. SFGUI is very good and simply but. Missing D'n'D, Big TextArea with word wrap....